Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Do You Want To Talk About It? II

Luke Ford says:

I guess I’m afraid of having to have an intimate conversation. I guess I’m afraid of intimacy.

When I hear, “We need to talk,” I get chills up and down my spine. I start pumping with adrenalin. I immediately try to guess what the conversation will be about and how I can answer the person’s concerns. If I see that I have done something wrong, I start thinking about how effectively I could lie my way out of this problem and what would be the best way of shading the lies so that I can later defend them as truths.

I don’t think normally healthy people experience such fright when they hear, “We need to talk.”

I think there’s something wrong with me. It’s not my degree of fright when I hear these words, it’s my realization that I’m walking around with this fear all the time, but only in moments of crisis am I conscious of it.

Read On



No comments: