Sunday, July 24, 2011

Broken Arrow, I Was Trying Too Hard

Luke Ford writesAssignment: Write about a big lesson you’ve learned in life. Give the person you became an Indian name and give the lesson an Indian name.

Person I became: Broken Arrow
Lesson: Trying Too Hard

I fear that I did something wrong that precipitated my descent into Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS). I fear I made some bad choices in early 1988 and they led me out of normal health into chronic illness.

I was taking 22 units at Sierra Community College that Spring semester of 1988. I also worked a gardening job for about 20 hours a week.

The previous semester, I’d completed 21 units with straight As for the first time in my life.

I’d been accepted into UCLA as a pre-Economics major.

On the surface, everything seemed great. I was going from success to success. I had $25,000 in the bank from working construction. I could do 120 pull-ups and 1400 push-ups in an hour. I might’ve been stronger than any time previous.



No comments: