Friday, July 22, 2011

I’ve Never Dated An Orthodox Girl

Luke Ford writes: My therapist names things I’m going through such as erotic rage and fear of abandonment. Then I can Google and understand more deeply what ails me. It’s comforting to know that I am not alone. It feels good that my problems are not unique. It makes me feel less ashamed. That there’s not something congenitally wrong with me. I do bad things at times but I am not inherently bad. I don’t have to hide who I am because it is just so darn awful.

I’ve never dated an Orthodox girl. That’s not my choice. That’s their choice.

I don’t think they’re frigid. The longer the skirt, the quicker it comes off.

Sure, there might be old, fat or dumb Orthodox broads who would date me but nobody primo. I want primo.

Orthodox women are in a position to know me best. They’re more likely to know people who know me well. They know the mores of Orthodox Jews and they’re more likely to be appalled by how flagrantly I’ve violated them.

I discuss the weekly Torah portion with Rabbi Rabbs every Monday at 7pm PST on my live cam and on YouTube. Facebook Fan Page. This week we study Parashat Pinchas (Numbers 25:10-30:1).



No comments: